This holiday season, I’m thinking of reading about fractures. While not as common as chest pathologies, missing one on wet reads will lead to much self-hate the day after.
So I was reading Penelope Trunk’s Brazen Careerist lately, and this post on introversion caught my eye. I am sort of an introvert, but I also know that extroverts succeed? Or rather, those who succeed at work are those who have integrated themselves into the culture, i.e. fit in stand out.
As usual, I am not making any sense here.
Anyway, here are another bunch of links on introversion, standing out, politics, and likeability.
- Caring for your Introvert, from the Atlantic
- The Introversy Continues, also from the Atlantic
- Specializing to Stand Out
- Office politics: 5 tips for doing it better
- Vulnerability is the key to likability