Day 3 of residency.
- General impression: it’s good. Radiology is really interesting. And getting the right answer from a picture is always fun.
- What I don’t like: conflict between two different attendings. They gossip, just like regular people. What do I do? (Correct answer: Nothing. I am a serf.)
- What I like about radiology: Getting the right answer from a picture. AKA beginning Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- What I like about the hospital: Lots of new people to meet. I want to make new friends, people whom I can have fun hanging out doing nothing. (Uncharacteristic of me, I know.)
- What I don’t like about the hospital: Lots of new people whom I might not get along with.
- What I need to remember: Friendship at work is a bonus.