- Tenderize 500 g of bite-sized spare ribs in 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1 teaspoon of baking soda for one hour.
- Prepare marinade by mixing the following: 2 tablespoons of minced rinsed preserved black beans, 1 sliced de-seeded thai bird’s-eye chili, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, 2 teaspoons minced ginger, 2 teaspoons light soy sauce, 3 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine, 1 teaspoon chicken powder, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, and 2 teaspoons cornstarch.
- Make tonight’s dinner (stir-fried veg with chili & oyster sauce.)
- One hour after step 1, add marinade to spare ribs. Cover with cling film. Place in fridge.
- Tomorrow: steam for half an hour or until cooked through.
- Serve with white rice.